Student Counseling Center: News and Updates
- The SCC is offering virtual and in-person sessions Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 6:00pm. Please check your emails for more information or email the SCC at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Announcement: Mental Health Services at UT Health SA are expanding! Thanks in part to a UT Systems initiative, the Student Counseling Center is partnering with TimelyCare to offer services to students when the SCC office is closed. You can access the log in page at https://timelycare.com/uthscsa
Starting this Fall the SCC expanded hours are: Monday – Friday 7:00AM – 6:00PM (The 7:00AM and 5:00PM hours are virtual)
Virtual Care after SCC closes from 6:00PM to 7:00AM and on Weekends:
- TalkNow – 24/7, on-demand emotional support available via phone, video, and chat. (Not Counseling, Not for Crisis)
- Scheduled Counseling – Select the day, time, and mental health provider of your choice (9 session limit per academic year)
- Health Coaching – Support developing healthy behaviors (nutrition, exercise, sleep habits, mindfulness)
- Self-Care Journey – A library of articles and interactive guides on a variety of health and well-being topics.
- Fee: No cost for service.
- Accessing TimelyCare: You can get the free app on your phone through the App Store or Google Play. You could also click on the following link https://timelycare.com/uthscsa
We will advise students of any changes in service delivery as soon as possible.
Services Offered at the SCC
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Student, Faculty & Staff Consultations
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Medication Management
- Presentations on a variety of topics
- Massage Chairs
For students in crisis after hours
Access our Crisis Phone Line by calling 210-567-2648 and pressing 2 when prompted in order to speak with a clinician and receive crisis mental health services.
Potential new clients
If you are not already an established client at the SCC and are interested in our services you can call our office at 210-567-2648 and if after hours, leave your name and contact information via voice mail or you can email email@example.com . You will need to complete and return some documents before we can schedule your first appointment. These documents will be emailed to your UT Health email. Don’t forget to encrypt your email by adding ++in the subject line.