After Registration

Veteran Services & Financial Aid


A full or partial refund may be possible for dropped courses contingent on the date of a drop and the official start of the term. See the Refund Schedule in the University Catalog for more detailed information.

Students may drop courses at any time during the semester, but before administration of final exams or final lab exercises, and only if approved by the program director, associate dean, or other designated official. Withdrawal grades may consist of W (Withdrawal), WP (Withdrew Passing) or WF (Withdrew Failing). Students should check the University Catalog section specific to their respective schools for applicable grades. Students should also note that dropped courses will count towards the “attempted credit hours” for the purpose of calculating excess hours under Texas Education Code Texas Education Code §54.068 and §61.0595 for undergraduate students, and Texas Education Code §54.012 for doctoral students in the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, including Nursing Ph.D. students.

Six Course Drop Limit

Which institutions are affected by the Six-Course drop limit?

Texas public community colleges, technical institutes/colleges, health science institutions offering undergraduate course work, and universities must comply with the legislation.

Which students are affected by the Six-Course drop limit?

Those who enroll as entering freshmen students or first-time-in-college (FTIC) students in undergraduate courses offered through an affected institution of higher education for the first time during the fall 2007 semester or any subsequent semester are subject to course drop limit restrictions.

Are any students exempt from this legislation?

Students who received course credit posted on an official transcript at a Texas public institution or any other regionally accredited institution of higher education before Fall 2007 are exempt from this legislation.

Which drops are not considered to be a part of the six-drop course limit?

Classes dropped prior to the census date are not part of the six-drop course limit. Additionally, courses that are dropped prior to the first class day are not part of the limit.

What is considered to be a dropped course?

The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) has clarified the definition of a dropped course. A course drop is a credit course not completed by an undergraduate student who:

1) Is enrolled at the Official Date of Record (ODR) in a course that is (or will be) recorded on the official transcript;

2) Will not receive a grade

3) Will not incur an academic penalty

4) Does not withdraw from the institution by dropping all courses

What happens when I drop a course after the census date?

Once the Office of the University Registrar receives the drop form, an academic coordinator from the office will send you a Drop Reason Form that must be completed prior to the drop being processed. Once processed, you will receive notification that the drop has been completed.

Enrollment Verification

What is Enrollment Verification?

Students may need to verify their enrollment status while at the UT Health Science Center.  This official documents can be sent to various agencies and organizations, including loan companies, health insures, future employers, automobile dealers, credit card companies, U.S. Veteran Affairs, etc.

The UT Health Science Center contracts with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide free self-service official enrollment verifications to currently enrolled students.  The service is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, and is supplies with enrollment data immediately following each official census date with updates approximately every 55 days.

How do I order it?

To order an enrollment verification, go to My Student Center, click on the Academic Records Tile>Helpful Links>View Enrollment Verification.   This will take you directly to the National Student Clearinghouse Student Self-Service Site.  Once on the NSC website, enter all required login information, then select the type of verification desired (current Enrollment or All Enrollment). A printable .pdf file will be produced.  This .pdf file is an OFFICIAL document that may be submitted to loan companies, health insurers, etc. as proof of your enrollment.

Please contact the Office of the University Registrar for further questions.

Phone: (210) 567-2621