Applying for Graduation
Graduation Application Instructions & Timeline
Instructions for Submitting the Graduation Application Online
The Graduation Policy can be viewed in the University Catalog.
For specific requirements pertaining to your program, please visit your school’s graduation section in the University Catalog.
- Registration Status: You must be registered in the semester the certificate or degree is to be conferred.
- Graduation Fee: A fee authorized by Section 54.504 of the Texas Education Code, charged to defray the expense of preparing students’ diplomas, auditing for degree requirements, and other services related to the graduation process. A $130.00 fee is assessed for the first degree and an additional$50.00 is assessed for each additional degree earned in the same term. A fee of $25.00 is assessed for graduation applications submitted after the deadline. Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable to subsequent terms of enrollment.
- Change of Personal Information:
- Name changes can be made by appointment, in person at the Office of the University Registrar and staff will verify supporting legal documentation for the name change or by submitting the Change of Information form with supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the process or if a name change needs to be made in person, contact email@example.com to schedule an appointment. If you wish to change your diploma name, or if it is different on record, contact the Office of the University Registrar as soon as possible. You must take proper documentation, such as an official marriage certificate, official adoption documents, official court order name-change documents, etc. to the Office of the University Registrar.
- Contact Information
- Students may change their address, phone number, and personal e-mail address by logging into My Student Center and the change will be effective immediately.
- Exit Interview: Students who have received financial assistance must complete an Exit Interview managed by Financial Aid.